Thursday, May 14, 2009

Magic Guest List


Things are finally back on track! We’ve set a date and booked the wedding. The resort is picked. Save the Date cards have been designed and are being printed. The website is up. All I need to do is finish collecting mailing addresses.


An efficient bride isn’t afraid to delegate the work, and one thing I have been more than happy to make someone else’s problem is getting all the guest mailing addresses. The family friends have been divided among the five sisters and Este’s family is in charge of the Perla clan. For the most part, everyone has ignored my inquiries, so if you expect an invite and are especially close to the Yeganeh family, for example, chances are Lili did not do her homework in getting your address to me. Sorry!


Then there’s the other extreme... The other day I emailed my mom with a list of the families I still need information for. She promptly emailed me back a couple days later with a long, single spaced list of addresses. The names all blended together, but I spaced out the text and added each address into the database one at a time. I guess my mom was hoping I would just copy and paste, because as I added the information, I noticed new names I had never seen before. Strange... I don’t remember having Mr. and Mrs. So and So on the original list....Interesting.... I thought Ms. This and That moved.


I decided to call my mom and see what the deal was with the new names. Not surprisingly, she pretended she had no idea what I was talking about. We know about 5 different Faribas, 10 different Mozhgons, 7 different Mehrans, 20 different Mitras, 3 different Shirins, 5 different Nooshins, 4 Saras, etc. etc. So you can imagine how many times I had one person in mind, and my mom was thinking of someone completely different. Oh well... the bottom line is the more, the merrier and people with popular names get invited to more parties! I am changing my name to Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment