Monday, January 4, 2010

See You at the Beach!

It's officially crunch time as far as wedding planning goes, and I am filled with nervous excitement. Even if the wedding is a complete disaster, I know we will have a great time. With 105 of my closest friends and family vacationing with me in the Dominican Republic, what more could I ask for? This is going to be the trip of a lifetime!

My flight leaves at 9am tomorrow morning, and my mind is racing with all the things I learned when I last made the trip in November. Here are some helpful tips as you pack and get ready:

1. Bring a snack with you. The airlines don't serve any food and the airport food is mucho expensivo. The best free drink you can get on the flight is the Bloody Mary Mix. The best snack are the potato chips. They are only $4 and they pack a lot in each tube.

2. You will have to pay a $10 fee for a Visa when you get into the DR. Make sure you bring exact change.

3. Bring lots of singles for tipping! The service is very impressive and you will feel like a high roller.

4. You have to wear a bright orange bracelet at all times at the resort. If this bothers you, bring a nice bracelet to cover the orange for wedding pictures!

5. Men-- you will not be admitted to any of the resort restaurants without long pants. Make sure to pack a pair of kakhis and/or jeans.

6. Don't forget your passport!

7. DO NOT bring any wedding gifts with you to the DR!

The next time I write in my blog, the wedding will be in the past and this trip will be a memory. Let's take advantage of every moment together. I will be waiting for you on the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment